Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noahide Communities
Can Noahides start their own communities? Or should Noahides go to an Orthodox Shul instead (though they are not obligated to go to Shul at all)? Is it possible for there to be an operating Noahide community under Orthodox Jewish supervision?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions! Shalom!
Ben_Noach_AZ Wrote:Can Noahides start their own communities?

Yes they can. Of course it is also a very good idea for the founders of the communities to seek some input and guidance from a reliable Orthodox Rabbi.

Ben_Noach_AZ Wrote:Or should Noahides go to an Orthodox Shul (synagogue) instead (though they are not obligated to go to Shul at all)?

It doesn't have to be either/or, and it should be discussed with the Rabbi of the Orthodox synagogue that you are thinking of going to. The communal focus of a Noahide community group doesn't have to be in prayer services. It can also or alternatively be in classes (e.g. given by the Rabbi) and friendly community gatherings.

Ben_Noach_AZ Wrote:Is it possible for there to be an operating Noahide community under Orthodox Jewish supervision?

Yes! And Ask Noah International is actively involved in facilitating these Noahide community groups around the world.
I have asked, in case the Noahide community in each town grows beyond the capacity of a Synagogue, if Noahides were to organize as a religious organization with laws and by-laws?

John T.
In fact, it is not required for Noahide individuals or communities to be associated with an Orthodox synagogue. But it is highly recommended that organized Noahide communities should seek out an association with one or more reliable Orthodox Rabbis, even if they have adopted "Articles of Association" and "By-Laws" (a secular legal step) for their own community.

All Rabbis who interact with, advise, or provide spiritual guidance to Noahides should use the set "Sefer Sheva Mitzvot Hashem" (in Hebrew), or the version in English titled "The Divine Code" as their reference guide for the proper understanding of the details of the Torah's Noahide precepts:

https://asknoah.org/books/sheva-mitzvot-hashem

https://asknoah.org/books/the-divine-code
What if there are no synagogues or observant Jewish people--or even Noahides ANYWHERE in my area? I go to Sunday school with my husband--of whom I am trying to teach about Jewish wisdom--just so I can put my two cents in. I only hope to say something one day that makes someone else in the class question what it is they were raised in, and go seek the truth. That's all I want to do, really, is spread this incredible knowledge I've come to understand throughout the past year or so. I have learned so much that I wish everyone could know also, so that they would understand and appreciate and love G-d in a way they couldn't before ... I need help... Anytime I ask on askmoses.com I am directed to this website... I know it can be done, I mean, spreading in great volumes this knowledge, but I feel like a little Noahide fish in this community...
I need help, advice, anything. I just want other people to feel as good and as confident as I do with G-d.
Thank you for submitting your important and heartfelt message to the Ask Noah Forum.

(11-15-2011, 01:27 PM)excited_for_life Wrote: What if there are no synagogues or Jewish people--or even Noahides ANYWHERE in my area?

The first step is to do exactly what you've done here - ASK if we know of any local contacts for you. Even if we don't know of any, that is not to say that there aren't any Noahides close to your location. There probably are, but we just don't know about them yet.

(11-15-2011, 01:27 PM)excited_for_life Wrote: I go to Sunday school with my husband--of whom I am trying to teach about Jewish wisdom--just so I can put my two cents in. I only hope to say something one day that makes someone else in the class question what it is they were raised in, and go seek the truth. That's all I want to do, really, is spread this incredible knowledge I've come to understand throughout the past year or so. I have learned so much that I wish everyone could know also, so that they would understand and appreciate and love G-d in a way they couldn't before with this... I need help... Anytime I ask on askmoses.com I am directed to this website...

The best thing for you to do is to keep a positive attitude ("Excited for Life") and be pro-active, both inwardly directed and outwardly directed. For the inward direction, you should continue to work on learning and observance of the Noahide Code, and devoted prayer to G-d. so that you'll be developing an increasingly personal relationship with Him. Do you have the leeway to have any Noahide books in your home? Besides the Book of Psalms, you might like to have a copy of our pocket-size  booklet of prayers and blessings for Noahides:
https://asknoah.org/asknoah_resource/pra...r-noahides

Now, in terms of being pro-active in the outward direction...

(11-15-2011, 01:27 PM)excited_for_life Wrote: I know it can be done, I mean, spreading in great volumes this knowledge, but I feel like a little Noahide fish in this community... I need help, advice, anything. I just want other people to feel as good and as confident as I do with G-d.

Rest assured that there are other religious Gentiles around you who are thirsty for authentic knowledge of G-d. You probably have a circle of friends, relatives and acquaintances, and you can drop little hints here and there to "feel out" who is leaning in the same direction as you, and who is thirsty for knowledge of the One True G-d that you could share with them or direct them to. That could be the start for making contacts and getting a group together.

I hope that you'll find some encouragement and useful ideas in this message! Please feel free to contact us by email, and be patient if we don't get a chance to reply right away.
Thank you, so much, for your answer. I'm very grateful to have this web resource. What you're doing is incredible!