Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing a tallis?
Sh'lom Mark,

markashaw Wrote:After reading all the posts it is abundandly clear to me that Noachides shouldn't wear a tallit. 5 years ago I purchased one from Israel online. It is still in the original packaging along with a kippah. What should I do with them? May I donate them to some jewish organization or keep them for perhaps a time when I might attend an orthodox synagogue?

It would be a worthy act of charity to donate the tallit to a Jewish synagogue, or to give it to a Jewish man who is in need of a tallit.

Since it is OK for a Noahide to wear a kippah (a yarmulke/skull cap, within a few guidelines), you might want to keep that. You can find advice about a Noahide wearing a kippah on this page of our forum:

https://asknoah.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=82

markashaw Wrote:Along those lines I have been wearing a Magen David necklace for years. Should I no longer wear that because people assume I am Jewish? If they ask I tell them I am not Jewish and that I am a Noahide.

If a Noahide chooses to wear Magen David (Star of David) jewelry, it is not a problem. It is not associated with any of the Jewish commandments. You are only wearing it to show your support for Jews and Judaism, and if any questions arise you can easily explain that.

Messages In This Thread
Wearing a tallis? - by James7 - 06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
RE: Tallis - by ProudNoachide - 06-25-2007, 06:17 AM
RE: Tallis - by bnainoah - 07-26-2007, 06:14 AM
RE: Wearing a tallis? - by bnainoah - 08-04-2007, 05:30 AM
RE: Wearing a tallis? - by Director Michael - 08-05-2007, 05:39 PM
RE: Wearing a tallis? (updated) - by NiklasTyreso - 07-03-2009, 11:18 PM
RE: Wearing a tallis? - by Director Michael - 04-09-2009, 07:59 AM
RE: Wearing a tallis? - by Director Michael - 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM