Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer for people with physical ailments
(10-29-2014, 05:18 AM)Nick Wrote: Form Member Nick sent this question:
B"H Hello AskNoah International, I would like to ask a question: are there any prayers one can say to G-d when expecting a new baby? I find the whole process scary because it’s something we have no control over. It feels like there are an infinite number of things that can go wrong, but only one way for everything to work out fine. G-d has already blessed us with a healthy, energetic boy – born in 2012. My wife is pregnant again (approximately 32 weeks). This second pregnancy has been different. The first trimester was stressful. And we’ve been going for a number of scans because the head circumference is small – 97% of other foetuses are bigger. I don’t know whether I should just trust G-d that He will give us a healthy baby or whether He wants me to do something in addition. But then if I do something, isn’t that akin to bribing? Are there any suggestions for this situation? I am in no way saying that I won’t be happy or that I won’t love a baby with health problems. I just don’t understand why an innocent child should suffer. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yours faithfully, Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: saying Bless you - by rabbiyitz - 06-29-2007, 06:02 AM
RE: Prayer for people with physical ailments - by Joachim ben Noach - 12-03-2010, 11:03 PM