Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names of G-d in idolatrous texts
Daniel2 Wrote:So for any book or source containing or promoting idolatrous beliefs that contains translated, non-transliterated names like "G-d" or "L-rd," if I understand correctly from post #6, there would be no sanctity to the translated names and the book could be destroyed as is, if I am not mistaken?

Correct.

Daniel2 Wrote:I know that the idolatrous book I destroyed and disposed had "G-d" written a lot. Is there anything I did wrong that would need to be repented for?

No.

Daniel2 Wrote:If there were any names in Hebrew letters, I surely would not have destroyed it. I don't think there were any transliterated versions of any of the seven holy Names, but I did not check every single page to be sure. Since I'm not sure if there were any transliterated names in the book I destroyed, or even if I was sure, did I do anything wrong that would need to be repented for? My only intention for destroying the book was to destroy a book containg idolatrous beliefs and so that there wouldn't be any chance that anyone else would read it, since the book was in my possession and I thought it would be my responsibility.

There's nothing you described that would need to be repented for. Since you looked over many of the pages and didn't see any transliterated holy Divine Names that shouldn't be destroyed for no good reason, or any holy Divine Names written in Hebrew letters that shouldn't be destroyed at all, you can fully rely on the strong presumption that none of those were printed there. Probably a use of that class of Names wasn't consistent with the style of the book.

Messages In This Thread
idolatrous books - by Teodor - 05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
RE: idolatrous books - by Director Michael - 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
RE: Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
RE: Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
RE: Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Director Michael - 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM