Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Noahide ritual purity?
B''H

Sh'lom Director Michael and Academy Rabbis,
Does a Noahide become ritually unclean after having a seminal discharge or an abnormal discharge (which would be the case by a Jew), and are there any requirements of eventual actions of a ritual purification before praying (mentioning G-D's Name) for a Noahide man (or a woman) who has had any form of discharge?
Thank you for your answers.
BS"D

No, a Noahide does not become ritually unclean from bodily discharges. Also, Noahide men and women have no requirements for any type of purification rituals before praying (during which one of G-D's Names might be mentioned - except for the Tetragramaton, which is not allowed to be pronounced.)

However, when praying, one's body and clothing should be clean and respectable. Furthermore, it says in Psalm 24, "Who may ascend the mountain of the L-rd, and who may stand in His holy place? He who has *clean hands* and a pure heart, who has not used My Name in vain or sworn falsely. He shall receive a blessing from the L-rd, and kindness from G-d, his deliverer." So it is a righteous practice to wash or rinse one's hands with water before praying, if possible, making sure that they are clean from dirt, etc. If there is no water available, the hands can be wiped with a towel or napkin, etc. This is not an obligation for Noahides, but rather a righteous practice.

It is forbidden for a man to spill his seed. If this happens *inadvertantly* while one is sleeping, upon awaking one should clean himself, wash his hands, and pray sincerely with words to this effect:
"Master of the universe! I have done this unwittingly, but it has been caused due to evil musings and reflections. Therefore, may it be Your will, O L-rd my G-d, that You, in Your great mercy, erase this iniquity of mine, and save me from sinful thoughts for ever and ever. Amen, so may it be Your will."
Those restrictions apply to Jewish couples, so they will guard themselves from transgressing the Jewish commandment against engaging in relations before the Jewish wife has purified herself as required, a certain number of days after the end of her menstrual flow. None of this is incumbent upon Gentile couples, because they don't have that commandment.
By the Grace of G'd

Dr. Schulman and Academy of Rabbis

In the case of issue of involuntary semen, previously mentioned that at night can happen, but I would add that the issue can occur during a bath, or during the act of urinating also ... and even randomly at any time.
I've read the book Anatomy of the Soul, that the semen emission begins in the mind, which is worrying because they often do not have control over it ... or at least we can say that has not yet reached that level of correction/retification on this subject .
I ask: Prayer indicated here "Master of the universe! I have done this unwittingly, but it has been caused due to evil musings and reflections. Therefore, may it be Your will, O L-rd my G-d, that You, in Your great mercy, erase this iniquity of mine, and save me from sinful thoughts for ever and ever. Amen, so may it be Your will." is adequate enough? Or was higher do Tikkun Clali, the 10 psalms?
Always grateful for your attention.

Alex
The prayer you quoted is from the Shulchan Aruch (Code of Jewish Law). It is adequate enough, and not even strictly required for Non-Jews.