Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approaching study of Written and Oral Torah
Hello,

I am a Noahide who has been learning more and more recently in an effort to become a fully observant Noahide (though I still have several things I struggle with not doing).

I would like to know why a non-Jew cannot delve deeply into Torah study including the Oral Torah. You see, I am used to - when learning about something - delving into every aspect of it as best I can because I have a thirst for knowledge. I tried to glean the reasoning from the forum without having to ask you something you have been asked probably dozens of times at least. But my question is, why can I (a Noahide) not study all parts of Torah, written and oral, in order to become wiser and to learn - especially if I do not do so in a way that would be taking a new commandment upon myself? I realize why it is that it is forbidden for a Noahide to do so, as taking on a new commandment would be creating a new religion for myself which is clearly not allowed under the Laws of Noah (as I understand them). I also understand why it is that a non-Jew cannot do something like put on Tefillin and other such things. I don't know if I am somehow making a distinction without a difference between that sort of thing and Torah study or not, but I really don't understand this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Approaching study of Written and Oral Torah - by Joachim ben Noach - 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM
RE: Approaching study of Written and Oral Torah - by AZNoahide - 01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Talmud study for noahides - by newman - 10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
RE: Talmud study for noahides - by newman - 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Study of Judaic religious texts? - by NoahideBrah - 03-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Reading beyond the seven laws - by intruder13 - 09-06-2017, 02:50 AM