Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Books/music of non-Torah religions
1. In the "Divine Code" I learned that one shouldn't say prayers written for idolatrous liturgies as prayers to God. My question concerns prayers written by Xtians to "God the Father" whom they describe as "Creator" and the like, which do not reference idolatry, but seem themselves to be prayers to the creator, even though we know the writers likely had idolatrous beliefs. Some examples include "The Our Father" prayer, as well as hymns such as "I have a Maker" and "God, That Madest Earth and Heaven" and the like. Might these be permissible?
2. If such songs or prayers contain ONLY heretical or foolish statements, but not specifically idolatrous phrases, may we simply edit out the heretical statements, and use the songs or prayers?
3. Certain historical sects of this religion, and a few today, held/have hold belief in a perfectly unified Creator, and reject trinitarian notions, and do not worship-you know who-. Even if the answer to questions one and two is in the negative, may we use prayers and the like from these sects?
Thank you for your time!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reading about non-Torah religions - by James7 - 07-28-2007, 05:01 AM
RE: Books/music of non-Torah religions - by David7 - 12-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Classical music - by Hrvatski Noahid - 09-26-2010, 12:29 AM