Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tobacco and other drug use
(11-04-2011, 02:54 AM)bdschuh Wrote: In my Noahide studies, I can't help that sometimes I happen to read a commentary on Kabala. I have read that burning any plant might attract demons. Is it true that this can happen, regardless of whether or not the plant is aromatic? Is this true in regard to smoking plants (e.g. in pipes or cigarettes)? And if so, what can one do to destroy the demons he created?

You should not be concerned about that at all. It is a non-issue. You should drop the issue, especially because it is distracting you from things that are actually important in your life.

(11-04-2011, 02:54 AM)bdschuh Wrote: Could my chain-smoking of tobacco be attracting demons? What about smoking marijuana? What about, G-d forbid, smoking something absolutely evil like cocaine?

You are forbidden to damage yourself physically or spiritually, and doing so is much worse than some act that might attract demons.

(11-04-2011, 02:54 AM)bdschuh Wrote: Also, whether you smoke "incense" or burn it for its smell, it might have been previously dedicated to the worship of an idol or false god. What if that plant, to the best of your knowledge, was not dedicated to serving false gods?

If you know for sure that the incense was dedicated for the service of an idol, you may not use it or benefit from it. If you don't know, or if you only have a mere doubt that it might have been dedicated as such, there is nothing wrong with using it.

Messages In This Thread
tobacco and other drug use - by bdschuh - 09-29-2007, 06:53 AM
RE: tobacco and other drug use - by leosmith678 - 05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: tobacco and other drug use - by bdschuh - 11-08-2010, 07:26 AM
RE: tobacco and other drug use - by bdschuh - 11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
RE: tobacco and other drug use - by bdschuh - 11-04-2011, 02:54 AM
RE: tobacco and other drug use - by Rabbi Moshe Weiner - 11-09-2011, 07:50 AM