Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evil Inclination?
Ok, so as a 'spiritual being' this Satan entity, while not omnipotent, is ominpresent? Meaning he can and does effect multiple people on the planet at the same time?

I'm asking this to understnd Satan from the Torah perspective, as "Satan" is intergral in some religions and very missunderstood.

Rabbiyitz said, "The Jewish confessional prayer on Yom Kippur contains this confession: 'For the sin which we committed before You with the evil inclination.' This refers to a person who deliberately arouses within himself a desire for a sin which the Satan was not assigned to tempt the person with."

I assume that doing a sin this way is worse than if you were tempted? Can Satan tempt you in your dreams? Some people have cognitive action in their dreams, and I have heard that you can't get in trouble for what you do in your dreams. Only I have cognitive action, and while I have yet to do anything 'wrong' technically I have been toying around with the idea as it is virtual reality. In all of my dreams, when it comes to the 'sin' point... I stop the dream... It's called "lucid dreaming." Yet that virtual reality will lead to what, and why should I do it? Only because I feel like it? (this is another topic).

Messages In This Thread
The Evil Inclination? - by Ara - 02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
RE: the E.I? - by rabbiyitz - 02-23-2008, 12:02 AM
RE: The Evil Inclination? - by Randy - 04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
RE: The Evil Inclination? - by Director Michael - 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
RE: The Evil Inclination? - by Randy - 04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
RE: The Evil Inclination? - by Director Michael - 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM