Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names of G-d in idolatrous texts
So for any book or source containing or promoting idolatrous beliefs that contains translated, non-transliterated names like G-d or L-rd, if I understand correctly from post #6, there would be no sanctity to the translated names and the book could be destroyed as is, if I am not mistaken? I know that the idolatrous book I destroyed and disposed had "G-d" written a lot. Is there anything I did wrong that would need to be repented for?
If there were any names in Hebrew letters, I surely would not have destroyed it. I don't think there were any transliterated versions of any of the seven holy Names, but I did not check every single page to be sure. Since I'm not sure if there were any transliterated names in the book I destroyed, or even if I was sure, did I do anything wrong that would need to be repented for? My only intention for destroying the book was to destroy a book containg idolatrous beliefs and so that there wouldn't be any chance that anyone else would read it, since the book was in my possession and I thought it would be my responsibility.

Messages In This Thread
idolatrous books - by Teodor - 05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
RE: idolatrous books - by Director Michael - 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
RE: Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
RE: Names of G-d in idolatrous texts - by Daniel2 - 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM