Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prohibition of In-Depth Torah Study Not Related to Noahide Code
I am new to this forum, as well as to the 7 Noahide commandments. I come from a Christian background, and have dabbled foolishly in other religions as well.

I realize this thread has been addressed in great detail, but I wanted to ask a further question.

As an example, I am including a passage from Numbers 15:

38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the L-rd, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. 40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your G-d.

It is common sense for me that I, as a Gentile, would not read this and think I should wear tassels, but it is clear and plain to me that remembering all of G-d's commands to me (the Noahide commandments) is of vital importance, and I should strive to always be mindful and not chase after the lusts of my own heart and eyes.

The lives of Biblical figures give examples of how holy people live, as well as temptations and mistakes we can make. The Tanach (Hebrew Bible) is the very words of G-d, so I want to read all of it, and often.

Is there any part of the Tanach we are forbidden to read, without any special reasons or needs?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prohibition of In-Depth Torah Study Not Related to Noahide Code - by l_cloud - 07-19-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Director Michael - 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Director Michael - 06-02-2009, 08:02 PM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Director Michael - 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Delving in the Torah - by Ben_Noach_AZ - 01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Director Michael - 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by C J Tibbits - 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Director Michael - 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by C J Tibbits - 06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
RE: Noahide Torah Study - by Wendell - 07-09-2014, 02:27 AM