Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide for the Perplexed
(01-03-2014, 09:55 AM)RhondaCoad Wrote: Since you mentioned Kabbalah and Maimonides, I take it they are okay to read? Or, just portions? I might get the Guide for the Perplexed.

Regarding the topics within Kabbalah that are permitted to be studied by a faithful Noahide with the help of an expert teacher, see our forum thread on "Reading Kabbalah":
https://www.asknoah.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=354

Works by Maimonides (Rambam) that are permitted to be studied by a faithful Noahide include "Book of the Commandments", Mishneh Torah (most of which does not apply to Non-Jews), and
"Guide for the Perplexed".

For full explanations of what sources from Oral Torah (the above and more) are permitted for Noahides to study, or not, and why, see "The Divine Code", Part I, Chapter 5.

(01-03-2014, 09:55 AM)RhondaCoad Wrote: Is the Talmud okay to read and study? I haven't read it yet,

Only a few parts of the Talmud are OK for Noahides to read and study, because they relate to the Noahide Code.

(01-03-2014, 09:55 AM)RhondaCoad Wrote: just Every Man's Talmud

Unfortunately that book is written from a "Biblical criticism" (anti-Torah) point of view, which is why we can't recommend it.

(01-03-2014, 09:55 AM)RhondaCoad Wrote: --but I purchased the Babylonian Talmud, and the Maimonides. Been afraid that they might be something I shouldn't study, so they are on the shelf until further notice. Can you direct me to what I should be reading and studying. I would like to study the spiritual too.

Please see the section of our web site on Recommended Books:
https://asknoah.org/books

In the Talmud, you can for now read Chapter "Cheilek" in Tractate Sanhedrin, which deals with topics of the Messiah (Moshiach) and the Messianic Era.

Messages In This Thread
Guide for the Perplexed - by Mattityahu ben Noach - 09-27-2010, 12:58 AM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by Director Michael - 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by Director Michael - 10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by RhondaCoad - 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by Director Michael - 01-15-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by Stittad - 01-18-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Guide for the Perplexed - by Director Michael - 01-26-2014, 03:10 PM